Monday, July 9, 2012

Paris, France

I got to go all the way to Paris!! Pretty awesome, am I right?

Wow! The Trocadero!!!
I got to check out one of the wings of the Trocadero! In 1937 the Trocadero was built for the Exposition Internationale. It's across the Seine river, and now home to the Musee national de la Marine, the Musee de l'Homme, the Cite de l'Architecture et du Patrimoine, the Musee national des Monuments Francais, and the Theatre national de Chaillot! I think that's really cool.

I can see the Eiffel Tower!!!
I got to sit on the ledge of the Trocadero, and facing the other direction across the Seine I got to see the Eiffel tower!! In 1889 the Eiffel tower was built as an entrance arch to the World's Fair. It's about as tall as a 81 story building, and there's more than 300 steps just to walk to the first level!! I'm glad I have wings, so if I ever decided to go to the top I could fly up instead of having to climb the stairs!!! Hitler ordered the people to demolish the Eiffel Tower, but the people didn't listen. Although the people didn't destroy it, what really saved the Eiffel Tower was the invention of the Radio. The people needed a radio tower, so they added a radio antenna to the top. I think that's awesome.  

I love their playgrounds!!!
In Paris there are playgrounds EVERYWHERE!! I stopped at every single one, and let me tell you, they are awesome!!! I would swing really high on the swings and then practice flying take-offs from the top. It was really fun.
Yum!!!

Not only are there tons of playgrounds, but there are also tons of bakeries!!! All of the bakeries sell delicious stuff, and I bought a ton of stuff from a lot of them. I got a Chocolate Eclair, a Pain au Chocolat (bread with chocolate), and (my favorite) Beignet Nutella (Nutella Doughnut). All of them were really tasty!
This fountain is spraying me!!!

You can also see the Eiffel Tower on the Champs de Mars, or Field of Mars. Across the street from this the cavalry from the Ecole Militaire (military school) would practice their formations. Because the Roman god of war is Mars, it's called the Field of Mars. Wow! That's pretty amazing!!! There was also a fountain on Champs de Mars that kept spraying me! I had fun splashing in it afterwards, and I was soaked!!!     
  
Quack Report:

I quacked at the top of the Trocadero, and my quack's echo was loud!!! I bet I scared the people at the bottom!! 





3 comments:

  1. Simon! You're alive! Yay! KEEP POSTING AND STAY ALIVE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ALive alive!!!!!!!! I :Like FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD YES BRIAN i DO LIKE LEMURS OH AND CLASS ALLEN SAID LOL

    ReplyDelete