Friday, October 7, 2011

Blue Moon Ranch: Woodland, Utah

Here I am on Sophie's back!
The other day I visited the Blue Moon Alpaca Ranch. It is located in Woodland, Utah.

Most alpaca don't like socializing.  They're pretty shy.  But I met an alpaca named Sophie who loved attention.  She even let me ride on her back. I was glad for the ride.  I had a blast!


Unlike some of the other farm animals, Alpaca are very neat and tidy.  In fact they have a communal dung pile!  That means they all pick one place to go to the bathroom--instead of everyone just going wherever all over the farm. I thought the a big pile of dung was disgusting, so I steered clear of it. Though I did manage to get a picture.

Eeewww . . . disgusting!
 Did you know that alpaca make high screeching noises to warn each other of predators? When I was visiting I didn't hear one which was depressing because I really wanted to compare it to my quack echo.

Better keep my balance . . . .


Quack Report:

My quack echo wasn't the best at the farm. I quacked on the fence and the echo didn't work out very well.  In fact, my quack was so forceful I ended up on the ground beside the fence.

The echo was short, very quiet, and screechy--not at all what I am looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment