Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Ducks Football: Eugene, Oregon

Here my friend and I are with the Oregon Duck's mascot, Puddles!
The other day I visited some old friends in Eugene, Oregon. We went to an Oregon Ducks football game at Autzen Stadium--it was a blast! I had a soda and four of the best hot dogs I've ever tasted.  I was famished but those hot dogs really satisfied my appetite.

The University of Oregon has seventeen varsity teams but they are best known for their football team. Oregon's main rivalries are the Oregon State Beavers, and the Washington Huskies. However, the game I went to was against Arizona State.  The final score was 41-21--with Oregon for the win! A 20 point win was more than I could have ever hoped for--I cheered and cheered! I even made such a racket, the referee told me I had to quiet down because I was distracting the players. What a shame. Still, I had the most quackarific time!

During half time I got to hear the University of Oregon's marching band. They put on a great field show!  They have a pretty large band--I think I even saw a clarinet.  I wanted to play the clarinet once, but when I put my mouth on the reed my wingtips couldn't even reach the first key.  That memory was a little sad, but the game was rock'n and helped me forget all my troubles.

Quack report:

I decided to test my quack right after the win.  That way I would be cheering and testing my quack's echo at the same time! The place was really big and everyone was going crazy--so it wasn't as loud.  But boy was it long! I think it was my longest yet.

3 comments:

  1. Simon, please tell us who you are.
    CAS rules. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sophia-- I am a duck named Simon. I agree that CAS rules. If you are interested in learning more about me you can read my profile. In fact I just updated it! Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simon... you've clearly earned your wings with all of your travels. I envy your jetsetter lifestyle. Keep the post comin'!

    ReplyDelete