Saturday, January 7, 2012

World of Coca-Cola


Mmmm! Coke!!!
The other day I got to visit the world of Coca-Cola in Atlanta, Georgia!


Atlanta is the birthplace of Coca-Cola. In 1886 John Pemberton developed Coca-Cola, which was a non-alcoholic version of French Wine Coca. First he sold it at Jacob's Pharmacy in Atlanta on May 8, 1886 for five cents. Can you believe that? FIVE CENTS! I wish I could buy a Coca-cola for five cents. At first, he sold the drink at old fashioned soda fountains, and claimed it cured many diseases. Now we think of Coca-Cola as a soft drink.

Now, 125 years later Coca-Cola is sold all over the world! My friends and I went to the World of Coca-Cola to see how they bottle Coke. It was kind of like watching a giant advertisement and it was cool to see all the bottling equipment and the robotic arms that move the bottles around. It was really fun to go into the tasting room and try all the different Coca-Cola products that are sold all over the world. Some were really amazing and I wondered why they didn't sell them in more country's--like the US. Though some were so bad I was surprised people paid money for them in any country.

Quack Report:

My quack was horrible. I barely got out a squeak. The echo was just depressing.

5 comments:

  1. Simon, oh Simon, that quack and echo... i'm so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and Simon, in 1886, 5 cents was a lot of money.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simon, did we hurt your feelings? You haven't posted in a while... *sniff* are you even alive?

    ReplyDelete