Monday, March 12, 2012

Notre Dame

Wow! Notre Dame!!!
That's awesome!!
Notre Dame is a College in South Bend, Indiana. In French, Notre Dame means "Our Lady", and was founded by Edward Soren, who was also the school's first president. I think it would be awesome to be president!!! I wonder if I could get some campaign posters started.

After visiting the college I decided to go see the administration building. It was awesome!! The administration building was started in 1864, and was finished in 1865. After 14 years the building was destroyed in a fire in 1879, but rebuilt in 1882. I'm glad they rebuilt it, because otherwise I wouldn't be able to see it.

Isn't that cool?!
Touchdown Jesus is a mosaic mural on the library in Notre Dame. His arms are in a gesture meaning prayer. Unfortunately, it's the same gesture football coaches use, and he is facing the football stadium, so that's why people call him Touchdown Jesus. If you ever go to Indiana, you should go see Touchdown Jesus.

Quack Report: 

My quack was awful. The echo was horrible.  

2 comments:

  1. Okay, so Philadelphia means "City of Brotherly Love," and Notre Dame means "Our Lady," it's almost a family of cities! All you need now is the father!!

    ReplyDelete