Saturday, March 10, 2012

Rome

I'm in Rome!! How fantastic is that?



I decided to visit the Basilica of St. Peters--it's awesome!! The Basilica of St. Peters is in Vatican City, and Vatican City is in Rome but isn't a part of Rome. Infact, it isn't even part of Italy because it is it's own country. (Wouldn't it be awesome to have a country named Simon?? I wonder if I can work something out.) Vatican City even has it's own post office and postage. The Vatican is the headquarters of the Roman Catholic Church, with the pope as the head of the church. That's why the pope lives in the Vatican.
The Piata


The Piata is a statue of Jesus, you used to actually be able to go up to the statue and touch it. You could see the marble and what looked like veins under the skin, but you can't any more because some crazy people were trying to break his arms and legs. Now there's a fence, and bullet proof glass in front of Jesus so none of that is possible to see.

After the Piata I got to go see a dragon. I wasn't sure what to think of him, because on one side he looked very friendly, but on the other side he looked like he was about ready to eat me!!

His friendly side
His mean side
 
Quack Report:

My quack was great!!! Thanks to the dragon, I got so scared I quacked out a yelp!! I bet you could hear the echo seven miles away! 



4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was the same comment as below, but I made a grammatical mistake.

      Delete
  2. Oh yeah!! This is the Simon I know. Although, I'm still a little insulted you were in PROVO UTAH and you didn't come to CAS. Your one true love is waiting for you Simon! She's waiting for you!!

    ReplyDelete