Sunday, March 11, 2012

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

I'm in "Philly", Pennsylvania!
Whoa! That's loud!!
 Philadelphia means the City of Brotherly Love. On the east coast every one calls Philadelphia "Philly."

I decided to visit the Liberty Bell museum in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. During the Revolutionary War this is the place the Liberty Bell was hidden for safe-keeping and now it is a museum.

I got to see a replica of the Liberty Bell. I even got to hear it ring and let me tell you it was loud!!! I tried to quack along with it to see if I could match up my quack with the ring. I wasn't even close. It was so loud I couldn't even hear my quack.

Signing the Declaration of Independence and the Liberty Bell.
I also got to see several recreations at the museum. I saw a recreation of the signing of the Declaration of Independence. My favorite recreation was the soldiers transporting the liberty bell. That was awesome!!! I wonder how strong I would have to be to carry the Liberty Bell . . . .


City Hall and street art
The City Hall building is probably the most famous building in Philly. What I really like about Philadelphia is that it's full of street art and murals. It's really fun to fly around and look at some of the crazy stuff people paint on the sides of buildings.    

Quack Report:

I tested my quack when the bell rang. I don't really know how loud my quack was because I couldn't hear it, but afterwards the echo was awesome!!! It was my best echo yet!! 

2 comments: