Monday, April 2, 2012

French West Indies

Have you ever been the French West Indies?? Well I have, and it's awesome!!!

This is the best!!
 

Plane being de-iced
I went to a lot of different beaches in the French West Indies, but the first one I went to was an island called Saint Barthélemy, or St. Barth's. Everyone there speaks French, and the water is bright blue. But before I could go, I had to get out of a snow storm. The plane had to be de-iced before I could take off. Then I flew to an island called Saint Maartin. The island is divided in half, and one half is French which they call Saint Maartin. The other half is English and they call that half Saint Martin. I thought that was pretty cool.

I can see everything!! And look at these control panels!!
I arrived at St. Barths, but it's such a small island you can only take a ferry or a small plane to get to it. I flew at a low altitude and I could see the tiny pieces of land on my way. When I was landing I could see the rooftops of the town! They were red all over the island. I sat right up front, and got to watch the pilots and see their giant control panels!! Even the runway is only about a mile long, so a big plane can't land on it. I've heard that sometimes the plane lands in the water and the people in it had to swim ashore!!! I stayed in a villa that was right by the runway, and it was very scary because the planes took off right above my head!!

These windsurfers are awesome!!!
There was also a first annual windsurfing competition right in my front yard!! It was called the St. Barth's Fun Cup. It was really fun to watch all of the windsurfers compete. I got to watch some of the worlds best windsurfers, too!!






I love the shells on shell beach!!



I went to a beach called Shell Beach and watched the sunset. I really like that beach, especially because the beach was really made of shells!! I think that is really awesome.  







 After that, I went to another beach called Gouvernour's Beach. That beach was really exiting, and I even went for a swim!!! Though my scarf gave me some trouble with my swimming, I still had a good time. I even basked in the sun a little!!



Awesome!! I like this place!!
I also went downtown to the capitol Gustavia. It was really fun looking at all the boats in the harbor. There was lots of GIANT yachts docked there. I thought the one called "Gotta Go" was funny, and it made a pretty good picture. I also saw a really tiny pink car in the parking lot. There are a lot of tiny cars in Gustavia because it's so small. Most of the roads are two-way streets, but still only big enough for one car. I'm glad I fly instead of drive, because it would be hard to drive up and down these windy, narrow roads!

My villa is amazing!!!!!
I also really enjoyed my villa, and exploring the beach.

Quack Report:

I tested my quack down in Gustavia. My quack was okay. I wish it had been better though.








2 comments:

  1. Hey Simon you know how you have your Duck Quack Echo thing? Well I have a Moose quack!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A moose quack? Josh, YOU'VE LOST IT.

    ReplyDelete