Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Renaissance Festival, Arizona

This silly picture was taken at a Renaissance Festival in Arizona! Can you see me in it? If you look close enough you will.

A Renaissance Festival is full of sights, sounds, and experiences to help you feel like your in an early European village! The Arizona Renaissance Festival was awesome!! It has a lot of really fun things to do like a petting zoo and of course taking funny pictures.

I really enjoyed taking silly pictures because I love to make silly faces.

I also really enjoyed the petting zoo. I had no idea that sheep had such soft wool! It wasn't scratchy at all!!


Being at the  Renaissance  festival got me in the mood for Shakespeare! And it just so happened that one of the comments on my blog invited me to the CAS 6th grader production of the Tempest. Like I said, I was already in the Shakespeare mood and I thought it might be fun to go see the Tempest. So last week, I flew down to Provo, Utah and enjoyed watching their play.


The Tempest is about Prospero who is the Duke of Milan, but everyone thinks he is dead because Antonio-Prospero's brother and Alonso-the King of Naples got rid of Prospero and his daughter Miranda by putting them in a boat and sending them into the sea. Prospero's friend Gonzalo put food, water, and books of magic into the boat so Prospero and Miranda could live. Then they came ashore to an island.


A Ship gets wrecked in a shipwreck near the island, and with the help of Prospero's fairy, Ariel, everyone survives. But then she scattered everyone all over the island. During all this mayhem, Miranda meets Ferdinand (who is the kings son) and they fall in love.  All this is going on while Antonio and Sebastion plan to kill the king so they can take over the island. Meanwhile, Stephano, Trinculo, and Caliban are planning to kill Prospero so THEY can take over the island. I thought It was an awesome play--and very well done!!!



Quack Report: 

I tested my quack at the Renaissance Festival, in Arizona. My quack was amazing!!! The echo was fantastic!!! I think I even scared the sheep a little.

2 comments:

  1. Renaissance Festivals sind so viel Spass! Ich habe mit einer gewesen! Meine Mutter hat eine Renaissance Kleid für mich. Ich wollte, dass Miranda als Kostüm verwenden, aber es war viel zu kurz. Also machte ich eine schönere Kleid für Miranda! Ich kann ein Bild veröffentlichen zu meinem Blog und man kann es sehen. Josh zeigte sich nicht in unserem Orchester Konzert gestern Abend. Nun, er tat, aber es war nachdem wir durchgeführt und er vergaß seinen Bass. Auf der helleren Seite, bin ich erste Vorsitzende Geiger! Ach ja, habe Hadley nicht erscheinen überhaupt. Wenn David, Allen, Joli und ich war weg, würde das CAS Orchester wirklich wirklich schlecht. Kathleen hat einen ziemlich guten Job though. Yay Kathleen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sophia! I saw that play! Were you in it? What were you? Weren't you one of those monster things?

    ReplyDelete