Sunday, April 1, 2012

Oahu, Hawaii

That is a REALLY big turtle
Hawaii is awesome!! I went to Laniakea Beach which is on the North Shore of Oahu. Laniakea Beach is also called "Turtle Beach."

Turtle Beach has turtles called Hawaiian Green Sea Turtles. They are one of my favorites. They're  endangered, but you should always be able to see one here because Turtle Beach attracts so many of them. I met one of them while splashing in the waves. He even gave me a ride on his back! How awesome is that?!!

After playing in the water, I went to a Dole Pineapple Plantation in Wahiawa. The Dole Pineapple Plantation is one of the most popular places in Oahu.  It was started by a guy named James Dole, who decided to grow pineapple in Wahiawa. The pineapple growing there looked really big, and yummy! My mouth watered just looking at it.

Sharks Cove is a reef on the North Shore, and after all that fun I decided I needed a snack. Shark's Cove is a great place if you're looking for something to eat. I flew over and got an acai bowl. Boy was it good!! It was one of the best things I'd ever tasted.  

After enjoying my acai bowl, I decided to take a look at Byodo-In Temple. The Byodo Temple is a Buddhist Temple, and it's at the foot of Ko'olau Mountain, which is in the Valley of Temples in Memorial Park. It was a very beautiful temple. You should go see it if you ever go to Oahu, Hawaii.




Quack Report:

My quack wasn't that good because it was so humid. A bad quack means a pretty bad echo too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment