Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas in Italy

Wow! Looks like Pinocchio is ready for Christmas!!

Isn't Italy such an AMAZING place?? Well Christmas there is even better! I am sooo glad I was able to celebrate Christmas in Italy this year.

Salvation army Santa band
I was pretty disappointed when I found out that I was too late to see Santa Claus at the mall but I was okay. Later I was flying around town when I ran into Santa!! Actually I ran into his whole band!! It only consisted of four people, but it was still enjoyable listening to their music. I found out they were kind of like a salvation army Santa except instead of ringing a little bell they play music. I thought that was a really cool idea. The band had three accordions and a clarinet. I rummaged around a bit in a pocket I have attached to my scarf and donated all of the cash I could find. I hope to get some of my duck friends and start a band with them someday.

After listening to Santa's band it inspired me to go Christmas caroling. Italy has a lot of fun Christmas Carols. Some of my favorites are "Dormi, dormi, bel Bambin," (which means "Sleep, Sleep, Pretty Baby") and "Gesù bambino." (Which means "Baby Jesus") Another Christmas Carol is "Dominick the Donkey." This is a Christmas song written by Ray Allen, Sam Saltzberg, and Wandra Merrell. It's a song about a donkey who helps Santa bring presents to children in Italy.

Piazza Navona stockings at the Christmas mart
After caroling, I decided to look at some Christmas things around town. I found a Christmas Mart called "Piazza Navona." They had racks and racks and racks of stockings. They had birds, dogs, ogres, the seven dwarfs from Snow White, Mickey and Mini mouse, dogs, cats, Santa Clause, etc. I was disappointed to find out that out of everything they had there wasn't one duck!! I talked to the people that were in charge of selling the stockings, and they said they would try to work something out. I bought a Santa Claus stocking and it's really nice. I like it quite a lot.

Quack Report:

I tested my quack at the end of every carol. It gave a little pang to the music at the end of the song. It did get a bit tiring though. My first one was great! By the time I did my last one my throat was sore and my quack was hoarse. The echo was even worse. Though I am very proud of my first one.

1 comment:

  1. No ducks!? How dare they break the Duck376 Legislation!

    ReplyDelete