Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Salzburg, Austria

Salzburg Central Rail Station
Isn't Salzburg a cool name? I like it quite a lot. I was very excited when I found out I would be able to visit Salzburg, Austria.

I decided it would be fun to go have a look at some of the shops I could find. When I entered the shop I immediately found new friends!! They were ducks just like me! They had the traditional costume you can find in Austria, Switzerland, and south Germany on. The costume they were wearing was called Dirndl and Lederhosen. They were pretty cool looking. 

Wow! That's a lot of ducks!!
I also met three other friends that were supposed to impersonate the musician Mozart, Kaiser Franz (a former emperor of Austria,) and Sissy--Kaiser Franz's wife.
Mozart, Kaiser Franz, Sissy
I also got a picture in front of the birth house of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. It was pretty cool.

Mozart's House
 After talking with my friends and saying our goodbyes, I came across a lake. I decided I could do for a bath just then so I hopped in. I was having a very good time bathing in the lake when I saw another duck. His name was Aldmond. We splashed around a bit and played a few games.
Aldmond and me
After bathing I decided it might be nice to go for a fly. I flew around a bit until I noticed a land mark. In former times they were marked by stones beside the street. I thought that was pretty awesome.

Whoa! Those markings are old!
A while later I noticed a cross. It was very pretty. I liked it a lot. You can find them a lot in Austria. They're called Wegerkreuz and are often found in more religious areas. They mark difficult or important areas--or they are just meant as a sign of recognition.  
A Wegerkreuz
I have always enjoyed hiking and this hike was no different!! I think it was my most favorite hike yet. I was almost to my destination when I noticed a wooden cabin. I stopped for a rest before I began hiking again. I got some pretzels--they were delicious! It turned out I got lucky! While eating my pretzels one of the Urban people played an old folk song for me. The tune was very catchy, and the song was well played.  
Wooden Cabin
Those pretzels were yummy!













 After having all that fun I decided I should look around the city. I had a fun time looking around. Salzburg is a very fun place.



Quack Report:

I tested my quack when I was with Aldmond. It was okay. The quack wasn't very good and the echo was even worse. But that's alright.   



 

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures, makes me want to travel to Salzburg. You must be racking up the frequent flyer miles...

    ReplyDelete