Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Dubai

Splish, splash! I bet you can't guess where I am!
Don't you just LOVE the beach? Well I do! This week I had the pleasure of visiting the beach in Dubai.

In the background you can see the Burj Khalifa.
The beach I visited is called Jumeriah Beach. It was pretty amazing because I had the perfect view of the Burj Khalifa, the tallest building in the world. It's HUGE!! I am so glad I got to go and see a building that is 829.84 meters tall. They started building in September of 2004 and it wasn't finished until October 2009 and it finally opened in January 2010! I guess it takes a lot of work to build a building like that.


Not only could we see the tallest building in the world, but we also got to look at the Burj Al Arab. The Burj Al Arab is a famous building because it looks like a sail with kites in the background. Its a 5 star luxury hotel and it is the fourth tallest hotel in the world. It is also on an artificial island connected to the mainland by a private curving bridge. Boy! I wish I could stay there for one of my adventures!

Behind me you can see the Burj Al Arab.
 After seeing all the cool sights, my friend and I played in the sand and splashed in the water. I think the Dubai beach was one of the greatest  beaches I've ever been to because of all the cool things to look at. I'm pretty sure I would like to visit again sometime.


Quack Report:

My quack was pretty satisfying. All of the people at the beach heard it!! My echo bounced back and forth all over the place!! It was pretty amazing.

This is me checking out a Dubai license plate

1 comment:

  1. What a shame. Your cousins at CAS miss you Simon! Come to CAS and visit them!

    ReplyDelete