Sunday, November 20, 2011

National Aquarium and Science Center: Baltimore, Maryland

Last weekend I went to Maryland.  This is a view of the Inner Harbour.

 
I had a lot of fun sitting by the water and visiting various shops.  I ate fudge at a fudge factory until my beak was sore. At the factory the musicians sing while they make the fudge, I quacked out a tune with them. They said I have real musical talent. They also have an outdoor pavillion where clowns and magicians perform. 

Because I am a duck, fish are one of my natural friends. That's why I was so excited to visit the National Aquarium in Baltimore, Maryland.


Outside of the aquarium I came across a boat that looks exactly like a shark.  He was so big and his teeth looked so real that I was afraid he was going to eat me. Luckily I made it out of there safely.

At the aquarium there is a four story shark tank walk-through. I decided I like sharks better when they are behind glass. They were really cool to look at. One of them kept bumping up against the glass because he wanted to eat me. I was glad he couldn't and thought it was fun watching him try.

When we came across the hands-on section I held a starfish. I've always wanted to hold starfish! I thought it was cool to feel the rough texture on the top and the suckers on the bottom. I even got to holds a horseshoe crab.  He was my favorite.  He kept smiling at me so I smiled back.

There were a lot of other amazing things at the aquarium, like glow in the dark fish, electric eels and a real life rainforest!  If you've never been you should go.

After the aquarium I decided to stop by the Maryland Science Center. When I arrived I saw an amazing art sculpture that is currently on display in front of the museum. I didn't want to fly under it because I was afraid one of the spikes would hurt me so I very carefully walked around it instead.  Spikes or not, I thought it was sublime.

The Maryland Science Center is a lot of fun.  I got to learn about all sorts of sciencey things like dinosaurs, physics, and the way a body works.  There was even a ball that when I touched it made my feathers stand on end. We also saw an amazing giant bubble machine. I got stuck in one of the bubbles but I poked my tail feather this way and that and managed to pop the bubble.


We even saw this really cool picture of a T-rex. I have a big imagination and enjoyed pretending the T-rex was eating me.  But I got away by a feather.





Quack Report: 

I decided to give my quack right in front of the T-rex. He looked pretty scared to me. It was my best quack yet. In fact, it might have been the best quack in the history of quacks.

1 comment:

  1. Well, your getting close to CAS... but you're not there yet! come on! fly over to CAS! We've got a really nice place for ducks!

    ReplyDelete