Monday, November 14, 2011

Los Angeles, California

Wow!! LA is huge!!

This week I got to visit LA with my friends Rebecca and Reza. We had the best time!

See the sign upside down?! Pretty cool huh?
We stayed in a hotel named The Standard, but things at The Standard are anything but standard. For starters the sign out front is upside down! I asked why and they said there was no particular reason. They did it just because it was fun.

Then, when we checked-in we saw a mermaid in a pool behind the front desk. While my friends were getting our room, I splashed around with her for a few minutes. The hotel was very unique and really cool.

I'm on top of the organ getting ready to jump to the keys
In the lobby at The Standard they had an organ so I decided to play it--or at least try to. My wing tips didn't quite reach, but I wasn't too broken up about it because I had a lot of fun jumping around on the keys.

Checking-in was so exciting that when we got to our room, I plopped down on the bed and took a nice, long nap.

When I woke from my nap, we went to see my friend's office. He has a great view of the L.A. city sky-line. L.A. has a very pretty skyline because there are tall buildings everywhere.

While my friend worked we looked out over the city. I pondered all the things I've been seeing on my travels these last few weeks. I really am a lucky duck!

Seriously, what an amazing view!

I also got to see the Library Tower. It is the tallest building west of Chicago, in both North and South America. It is called Library Tower because it was built as part of the Los Angeles Central Library redevelopment area after two fires destroyed the area in 1986.

Library Tower is the white round one.


I'd had so much fun my wings were too tired to fly home.  I took a plane instead. The flight was long, and I dozed off several times, but it didn't matter. I had a great time anyway.



Quack report:

Before I drifted off to sleep in the plane, I decided to test my echo--so I didn't forget. I was kinda drowsy, so my quack sounded scratchy, but the echo was pretty good on the plane.

2 comments:

  1. Simon, we had such a great time with you. You're such a quack-up! Can't wait to vacation with you again soon... but where next? Florida by chance? xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simon, we are looking forward to seeing you in Rome next month, so don't forget to put us on your calendar.

    ReplyDelete